And I’m very excited about the latest venture which is to offer a free foundation course for anyone in the South Yorkshire region. Here’s the details from Isaac:
Hi all, some very very very exciting news from MB Improv - we are running an 8 week Improv Foundation Course which starts with 2 taster sessions so that YOU can try it out first!!!!! The even better new is that it is FREE. All the key info is below:
MB Improv Foundation Course - give Improv a Try! FREE!
MB Improv is running an improv comedy foundation course for anyone with absolutely any level of improvising or performing experience (down to zero).
The course includes the following:
Two taster sessions:
- Tuesday 15th May, 7:00pm - 8:15pm
- Tuesday, 22nd May, 7:00pm - 8:15pm
Followed by an 8-week foundation course (FREE, with £20 deposit)
Tuesday, 29th May - Tuesday, 24th July, 7:00pm - 8:15pm
All Sessions held at Showroom Cinema, Cinema 5 (15 Paternoster Row, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2BX))
You will learn the foundations of great improvisational comedy.
- Spontaneity through improvisation – being ‘in the moment’
- Thinking and acting without knowing what comes next
- Exercises that boost listening and unlock creativity
- Collaboration games
- Building teamwork and trust (‘yes and…’)
- Making others look amazing
- We believe that anxiety can block creativity and improvisation - that’s why we create a fun, relaxed environment where you can really go for it and enjoy all of the activities and games.
Through the MB Improv Foundation Course you will:
- Develop a solid improv foundation
- Learn the skills to build an amazing improv comedy scene
- Boost your creativity and spontaneity
- Improve your listening and public speaking skills
- Build your self-confidence
- Scratch your comedy itch
- Most importantly, have a great time with a bunch of fantastic people!
You can register for the course - or request any further information - by emailing Isaac.